12 Step Programs for Cocaine Addiction Treatment
For many recovering cocaine addicts, 12 step programs provide the foundation for a lifelong recovery from addiction. 12-step recovery programs utilize a series of “steps” to help the addict build a support system that aids in the recovery process. Attending regular community meetings is a major part of the 12-step treatment process. In addition to meetings, the addict will take part in understanding and abiding by the 12 steps of Cocaine Anonymous or a similar program which are outlined below:
Call (888) 223-4410 anytime to discuss cocaine addiction treatment options if you or a loved one has been diagnosed with addiction and/or a mental health disorder.
The 12 Steps of Cocaine Anonymous (excerpt taken from Cocaine Anonymous)
- We admitted we were powerless over cocaine and all other mind-altering substances – that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with god as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.